Whoorl is one of my favorite blogebrities, a fabulous mama who lives near the beach in California with her hunky hubby and adorable little boy Wito. Whoorl started an interview chain today, and asked me the following questions. I’ve got instructions for participating in the interview if any internets out there are interested. By the way, before I go on with the Q & A, do yourself a favor and check out Whoorl’s blog, www.whoorl.com. She’s an excellent writer, funny as all get-out, and (like me) a total beauty product junkie.
1. What are 2 things you miss most about living in the city? I miss being able to take the subway ANYWHERE I want to go. I’m not a big fan of driving. For the first few years I lived in Florida, I had a car without air conditioning. Dealing with the humidity and extreme heat does not make for good hair. Also I miss walking through Central Park on Sundays with my husband. We always had fun, and my legs and glutes were uber-tight in those days. I know this is cheating, but I also miss seeing the Christmas windows at Barneys. And potato knishes. And…
2. Dream job (with a loving nanny) or a SAHM, which one? Definitely a SAHM. You couldn’t get me back into business attire for a million bucks. I am NOT corporate material. Office Space is one of my favorite movies for a reason. Plus, I love spending all day with my kids. They are so much fun to be around. Unless you’re talking about a day when my kids are making me crazy. Then it’s nanny all the way.
3. Favorite dessert? It’s those Godiva molten lava chocolate cakes from Morton’s. How can you go wrong with chocolate cake that’s got melted chocolate oozing out of it, with ice cream on top? I think I just drooled on my keyboard.
4. Do you have a secret talent? Well, I guess the flamenco thing isn’t really a secret, so I’ll have to pick something else. I make most of my own jewelry. I took African dance in college and it stuck with me. Oh, and I’ve got an amazing memory. I’m still trying to get on Jeopardy so I can whoop some ass on that show. Take that, Trebek!
5. What kind of cheese do you prefer on your burger, if any? I swear I did not know this question was coming when I planned my dinner tonight. I just grilled up some burgers for dinner. I made some with no cheese, since Zoe must eat gfcf. But I made some for E, his mom, and I that were stuffed with blue cheese*; heavenly doesn’t even begin to cover it! My favorite has to be pepper jack cheese. I’m all about spicy, so my favorite burger has pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and jalapeno slices. Ketchup is a must.
Okay, so if any of you internets want to participate, send me a comment with “Interview Me” somewhere in the text. I’ll respond by emailing you five questions. Update your blog with the answers to the questions. Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
*edited to add: Many thanks go to the commenter who reminded me to share that blue cheese also contains gluten, so it’s not just a casein issue. And, suffice it to say, that Godiva cake is not gfcf; though if I were to select my favorite gfcf dessert, it would be the Pineapple Upside Down Cake I wrote about in January.